Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Changed My Mind

I will not be running the Long Beach marathon in October as previously planned. Marathons have quite a steep entry fee and I cannot afford to do two in a year. Further, October is just after September, which is when my daughter's birthday is, and just before December, which is when Christmas is.

So instead, after discussing it with friend and partner in crime Blaine, we will run the very first San Luis Obispo marathon instead.

In the meantime, we're also training up for a half Iron Man. The plan is a simple one. We've both (almost) got bikes, and there are no less than five swimming pools in the area. So we'll start at one of the pools where we will swim. Once done, we'll hop on our bikes and ride about 30 miles, then stop and run 6 miles. It'll take planning, of course, but why the heck not?

Additionally, I'm looking at some much smaller triathlons with my kid. Three laps in the pool, a 2.2-mile ride to the high school track where we'll do 2 laps, 1/2-mile.

So plans change. But that's fine. It's not like I'm derailed. I'm just reorganizing.

But since there's about 230 days to go before the marathon, this blog is turning into a general fitness blog instead.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment