Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trial Run Aftermath

Ugh. I know I shouldn't be complaining — I got to run after all, didn't I?

But my god, I cannot overstate how much my thighs ache today. Going to bed last night was kind of tough since my hips were all like, "hey! You can't do that to us! WTF!" But I was able to make it right. And this morning, I basically felt fine. I felt like I'd run for the first time in a long time, but I didn't want to die or anything.

But now, this evening, I want to die a little bit. My thighs! Ugh! Going down stairs is a flat-out punishment.

Speaking of punishment, the following is the schedule Blaine put together for me.


I am really really grateful today's Tuesday and I get to rest. If I had to run again tonight, I'd fall over instead of run, and I'd have left my phone in the car, so I wouldn't be able to call 911. I don't know what I'd do then. Hollar, I guess. Cry.

More ibuprofen is in store for tonight. Good ol' Vitamin I, the runner's daily vitamin.

Tomorrow, the schedule says I run 3 miles. I'll let you know if I survive.

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if you're a wuss or a badass. I guess we'll find out soon enough! :)

    -Blaine-

    ReplyDelete